Returning Mopar veteran

-

RzeroB

Reaction score
I've been a Mopar fan ever since I was riding the schoolbus home from middle-school and a Sassy-Grass-Green '71 'Cuda closed on the bus from behind, lingered there for a while waiting for an opening, and then went roaring by. It was the most beautiful awe inspiring car I had ever seen up until that point.

Since then I've owned 16 Mopars, most of them E-bodies of which two were convertibles and one was a Hemi . I was cruising the streets, going to shows and racing with a 440 powered '69 Dart drag car I had during that time too. Even though I was in the military and having to drag my cars from state to state with each move to a new duty station, I was living the Mopar life and it was good.

Then I got married and had kids. As the needs of the family grew the Mopars became a luxury. I tried going with some A-bodies but over time I couldn't even afford to hold on to them. By the mid '90's all my Mopars were gone and I was driving a mini-van. I was Mopar-less. It was tough but I kept in touch with the hobby with the help of the internet and going to the shows.

Now the kids are all grown up and out of the house. With that done, I would like to get back in the game. Yep, once bitten by the Mopar bug it never leaves ya! Figured if I'm ever going to get back in now is about the best time to attempt it. Car prices are "depressed" (relatively speaking of course!), loan interest rates are incredibly low and I'm certainly not getting any younger! With the power of this forum (and a couple others) it makes it a lot easier to get caught up and find out what's going on out there in the hobby.

I've always liked the '67-'69 Barracuda fastbacks. I'm sure there is a nice one out there somewhere just waiting for a new owner like me. Now all I have to do is start looking around and find one with the right deal that I can pick up without breaking the bank.

Cheers!
Tom

Welcome to FABO!!! Cool story about the 71, I bet you will never forget that :glasses7:

Welcome Tom! First off, thank you for serving all of us. :thumleft:

I hope you find a good candidate for your next ride. Maybe some here can help you find that Cuda. I just hope i'll get to the point of affording one last build. Regardless, it's great to have you, and when the time comes, we love pics.

I've been a Mopar fan ever since I was riding the schoolbus home from middle-school and a Sassy-Grass-Green '71 'Cuda closed on the bus from behind, lingered there for a while waiting for an opening, and then went roaring by. It was the most beautiful awe inspiring car I had ever seen up until that point.

Since then I've owned 16 Mopars, most of them E-bodies of which two were convertibles and one was a Hemi . I was cruising the streets, going to shows and racing with a 440 powered '69 Dart drag car I had during that time too. Even though I was in the military and having to drag my cars from state to state with each move to a new duty station, I was living the Mopar life and it was good.

Then I got married and had kids. As the needs of the family grew the Mopars became a luxury. I tried going with some A-bodies but over time I couldn't even afford to hold on to them. By the mid '90's all my Mopars were gone and I was driving a mini-van. I was Mopar-less. It was tough but I kept in touch with the hobby with the help of the internet and going to the shows.

Now the kids are all grown up and out of the house. With that done, I would like to get back in the game. Yep, once bitten by the Mopar bug it never leaves ya! Figured if I'm ever going to get back in now is about the best time to attempt it. Car prices are "depressed" (relatively speaking of course!), loan interest rates are incredibly low and I'm certainly not getting any younger! With the power of this forum (and a couple others) it makes it a lot easier to get caught up and find out what's going on out there in the hobby.

I've always liked the '67-'69 Barracuda fastbacks. I'm sure there is a nice one out there somewhere just waiting for a new owner like me. Now all I have to do is start looking around and find one with the right deal that I can pick up without breaking the bank.

Cheers!
Tom
Welcome Aboard Tom!

The FABO express is leaving the station for MOPAR land. LOL I'm sure that with the help of everybody on this forum you'll be cruising the streets in your A Body Cuda sooner than you think. Again it's GREAT to have you with us.

Glenn

Welcome, and good luck with your search. I'm sure you will find what you are looking for. You came to the right place.

Fish on! Got this '68 fastback "fish" on the line and it's looking good for reeling it in! Its not a restoration, but more of a semi-custom "resto-mod". 340 mill backed by a 727 with 3:23 cogs out back. Car needs nothing but a new driver - me! If everything goes well I just might have this "fish" netted and in the garage by Thursday. Let you know how it goes. In the mean time, here are a couple of pics.

68_right_front.jpg

68_interior_left.jpg

Very nice looking find after a 2 month search! Lets hope the next pic of it is in your driveway :)

BTW welcome to the forum, and thank you for your service.

-
Back