Rocker arm spacer wont slide off shaft, my 1st rebuild

-

DusterDale

Reaction score
Finally starting to work on this 440, she turns over easy with a ratchet so I dont think im in for too much drama. The rocker arm shaft spacer between the sets wont slide off the end of the shaft ( I popped out the plug on the end)...im a little hesitant to just emery and make it cleaner till I run it by you kind folks hahaa any tips or tricks to this? Thanks in advance,
D~

Do it. It has a small burr on it.

Thanks I'll clean up the shaft ends and move forward! My rockers so far look great, a light shiny wear on the top of the rocker arm but nothing you can feel... Whats the general thoughts for using existing rockers and pushrods on a cam that should be in the .485 to .500 range?

I have no idea since I don't know which rockers you have. A picture would help.

Here's one of the rockers, everything looks clean and sound so far. Id like to re-use as much as possible, cam id like to use is something in the .484 area. The Whiplash sounds great but I'm leary of the ramping on a stock valvetrain.

Attachments

• rocker.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 131
Cool Rusty thanks! Id like to keep it a reliable 440 and that cam looks like a great fit. My existing rockers will like it if they are in good shape?

Cool Rusty thanks! Id like to keep it a reliable 440 and that cam looks like a great fit. My existing rockers will like it if they are in good shape?

I have used that cam in a few small blocks with totally stock valve trains otherwise. It works good. Make sure you get the right springs. The Comp 911-16 might work for it. They are very affordable and require no machine work.

Thanks Rusty (or is it Rod?) Seen you on the site answering a lot of folks questions, its great to meetcha

Dale

-
Back