Screwed up Carb

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
Okay so I disassembled and cleaned my 1920 Holley Carb but I screwed up. The only thing I adjusted was the float level.

What drill bit can be used to adjust it correctly?

Also How do I know if the metering hook is in the right place?

The metering block passes through the throttle body and hooks into a plastic cam that cam is connected to a metal hook and the other end of the hook has three points it can be placed into.

Ok so I figured out where the economizer hook should be placed. I am sorry I said metering block.

The car still won't start I think the float is probably to high. I have seen several places mentioning measuring the fuel level in the bowl but no idea what the proper measurement is. Also where the float bowl should be set. I see using a tool and or the measurement tool in the rebuild kit but the kit I have has no indication what the proper measurement should be.

Thank you Mopar_Head but I don't have that tool. I have what looks like a small framing square that was included in my rebuild kit. The problem is there is no mark on the tool to say this is the float level and the instructions do not indicate it either.

Thank you very much That is exactly what I needed.

One quick question if the float is set to high would that prevent the car from starting? I would assume it would create a flood/to rich situation

Well good news. I apparently jumped to conclusions I apparently flooded the engine. She is running much better.

-
Back