Seal her up!?

-

Road Hog

Reaction score
Trying to seal up my Wifes 63 valiant conv. I am installing the door seals. The universal stuff I got on Amazon. It fits really good around the doors, and up the windshield post but what then? Does it bend around the corner go along the top frame of should I cut it at top of the door and put another piece along the top frame? There is a seal attached to the top header. Thanks!,,,RH

Weather strip

thumbnail (54).jpg

thumbnail (55).jpg

Ok I got here sealed up. I cut the seal off at the top of the vent frame. There is no seal along the top of the windshield. In the picture above it shows red pinch weld but that weld is supposed to be covered by the inside molding. It has a "lip" on it that goers over the pinch weld. The Restorer, or should I say Butcher that put this car together just didn't assemble it properly. Compare the pic above and the one below, after I fixed it.

thumbnail (57).jpg

thumbnail (61).jpg

Yes, He painted the rusty inside molding black without even trying to sand down the pits...another project this winter,,,,

nothing goes into that top area except a small thin piece of foam tape to stop that latch part of the trim, the visor brackets and the center molding what seal the top is the header seal on the convertible top itself by putting that seal inside there you created a massive whistle and air leak

I didn't put a seal in the header, it stopped at top of vent frame. It worked perfectly,,,,

-
Back