shark tooth grille on a 70/71 dart

-

rbkt65

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
discussion in the bs session last night. a couple guys say it is just a grille swap. a couple guys say fenders and some other small stuff. i think the complete front clip. but i told them i know who will know. "WHOLE LOT OF MEMBERS ON FABO". someone might even have pics of what it might look like on a 70/71 dart.

I’m sure it could be done using the Dart fenders but it would take lots of customizing to make it work and probably wouldn’t look that good in the end, not easy to do and not a “bolt in”

I’d rather keep the Dart grille myself. But yea everything around it would need replacing bumper,Lower valence,hood,fenders. And believe me it’s a lot of work to get that all to line up like factory.

30E0AA80-766B-48E3-A159-29CEB44A0ABF.jpeg
Blocked a little but a nice looking grille ‘72

soooooo. that brings up another question for the fabo guru's. if changing a 71 grille, to a 72, what is needed now? these guys at the bs session are mostly young guys that want to know a lot of different things. i am almost 72 and know a few things, but...... and thanks to everyone so far for answers.

70/71/72 Dart grilles should interchange no issues.
Although some may argue that the fender nose pieces, being deeper in '70/'71 vs '72 need to be matched to the grille. I do not believe it matters. But hey, I've been wrong before :)

I like that you are having Mopar A-body BS sessions with young guys. That is great! Thanks for helping keep the hobby alive and well.

-
Back