Shifter rod mod and input question

-

Muswagon

Reaction score
I had the local 'old school' trans guy look at my A833, decodes as 68 Dart with a 318, not that it matters, but its in great shape so just doing the basic rebuild dealio so its full steam ahead. I had toyed with trying to rebuild it myself, I have never had one apart so better go with the expert

Can someone repost pics of there shift rod mods? I had seen a post that straight rods with heim joints won't work in at least one position as it hits the crossmember. I just want to get an idea of what kind of fabbing I need to do? I tried searching and cannot find a thing.

My 440 is a 75 cast crank, so I will only have the TC register in the crank, brewers sold me the pilot bearing/conversion. The instructions are clear (not gonna lie, read it three times, I am a noob after all). I get the measuring, possible trimming of the tip (lol), I get the area of the input right after the splines that could interfere with the front of the bearing......

However, how does one dress down/machine that part of the shaft if I need to?

I have everything, but I really love the idea of the heim jointed rods to eliminate slop.

Engine is in the car.

I may have to mod two things based on the instructions, the length of the shaft as it may bottom out if not drilled far enough, and the thickness of one small area of the shaft further down where it meets the pilot bearing

Someone did post pictures of Linkage with heim joints, but that is way above my pay grade. Can't remember who or where.

-
Back