SHIPPING SUGGESTIONS for a BENCH SEAT?

-

frank.puglia

Frank Demon
Reaction score
Hello-

Any suggestions on shipping a bench seat from 1972 Demon. Should I separate the seat back from the seat? Also, the boxes will probably be oversized. Fedex and /or UPS may not take them? Any sugggestions are welcomed. Thanks! Frank

Frank,

I have always shipped seats via Greyhound with much success ( and the prices weren't bad either ).

Rich

There is a height restriction for shipping by Greyhound as the package has to fit in the compartment under the bus. Yes, I would take apart the seat and lay them flat on one another and make the package as small as possible. I have also used Greyhound with much success, but the receipient has to pick up the package at the nearest Greyhound bus terminal to their location. Not a big deal for most people, but make sure you clear this with your buyer just in case. Also, make sure to put your entire name, address and phone number on the package, as well as the receipients complete information including phone number as well. Good luck, Geof

I actually just went through this a couple months ago .

Shipped a bench seat out of my 72 duster to another member half the country away from me.

All I did was take the track off and stuffed it inside the underneath of the seat and ziptied it all in place.

I left the seat assembeled and just folded the seats forward.

Then I went to walmart and bought a bunch of boxes and box tape and cut and folded my own box to fit the seat in and then folded up and old tarp and stuffed in in the box in a few places for added cushion to protect the seat and then I tapped it all up.

Then I went to my local grey hound station and they shipped it for me for only $100.00 and it only took 3 days for it to ship!

Hope that helps

Great advice! Thanks very much. I also checked out your Duster. Looking great!

Thanks -Frank

Frank,
Visit a couple of local furniture stores. They usually have some heavy duty boxes that are perfect for shipping. 75Sport

Frank,
Visit a couple of local furniture stores. They usually have some heavy duty boxes that are perfect for shipping. 75Sport

Bicycle shops are also a good place to get larger boxes, as is the local car dealer ships and appliance stores.

Taking the backs off and strapping them down will make the box smaller, and the smaller the box the less they will charge. Space is a premium with Greyhound.

You can go to appliance store that has refrigerators they will give you the boxes brake down seat.
Then fine Pin Ball movers they go door to door.
And you should be lighter.

Good luck Lee

I actually just went through this a couple months ago .

Shipped a bench seat out of my 72 duster to another member half the country away from me.

All I did was take the track off and stuffed it inside the underneath of the seat and ziptied it all in place.

I left the seat assembeled and just folded the seats forward.

Then I went to walmart and bought a bunch of boxes and box tape and cut and folded my own box to fit the seat in and then folded up and old tarp and stuffed in in the box in a few places for added cushion to protect the seat and then I tapped it all up.

Then I went to my local grey hound station and they shipped it for me for only $100.00 and it only took 3 days for it to ship!

Hope that helps

I can attest to this being a great way to ship a bench seat. Jerrod shipped a bench to me via Greyhound and it arrived in perfect shape! The shipping cost was reasonable for a bench that weighs about a hundred pounds. All I had to do was bolt the tracks back on and put it in the car! Doesn't get any easier.

-
Back