Shop size

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
What does everyone think? It will not be a storage area, just a work area. Building will have have a small area for our well storage tank. Only other thing it will be used for is to reload ammo. Only shelves/storage will be what is necessary, another words there will not be parts storage for everything, just what I am working on. Will be a pole building, and in speaking to a local builder he suggested a 12 foot sidewall, but I am not concerned to much about the height, just width and length. I am thinking 24' wide by 30' deep but what do you guys think?

Nope, not big enough!!! It should be approx. 1 mile x 2 miles and have side walls 400 feet tall!!! Then, just before you get it done, you can say..."Man, I should have built it 2x2...miles that is!!! I mean, where is the indoor shooting range gonna go???

In all seriousness though, 24x30 is a pretty decent size for a work only space, but it will still fill up quick. With one car in it, you will be able to get around the car completely and still have some bench space and storage racks for your projects. The 12' side walls will be a big plus if you are planning on putting a lift in sometime in the future. I have a 30x40 shop and a 28x36 garage with a full upstairs and I don't have an inch of extra space, but I part out a lot of cars and have parts everywhere. Go as big as you can afford, and your space will let you, extra indoor space is always a premimum. Good luck with the shop project!!! Geof

What does everyone think? It will not be a storage area, just a work area. Building will have have a small area for our well storage tank. Only other thing it will be used for is to reload ammo. Only shelves/storage will be what is necessary, another words there will not be parts storage for everything, just what I am working on. Will be a pole building, and in speaking to a local builder he suggested a 12 foot sidewall, but I am not concerned to much about the height, just width and length. I am thinking 24' wide by 30' deep but what do you guys think?

Good after noon Ink.
The size you have posted is the same as mine when the slab is poured
Room for one A body and Pool table bath/shower
4 12 pitch roof.
All I want is a man cave :thumleft: cost affective size :thumleft:

One man one cave :toothy2:

Nope, not big enough!!! It should be approx. 1 mile x 2 miles and have side walls 400 feet tall!!! Then, just before you get it done, you can say..."Man, I should have built it 2x2...miles that is!!! I mean, where is the indoor shooting range gonna go???

Thank you for the big grin :lol::-D:-D

This will be just for a work area, I have a garage that is 36'x50' that will be used for just storage.....

-
Back