Shortened 8 3/4

-

70dart

Reaction score
Hi guys I have found a shortened A-Body 8 3/4 housing for sale, it is 52 inches from outside flange to outside flange. I m moving my springs into the fram rails with the relocation kit and Mini - tubbing my 70 swinger. Does anyone know if this rearend would be a good fit for my car? Any help at all on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

If it's 52 inches from housing flange to flange it isn't shortened. That's the stock width. If your talking 52" from outside axle flange to flange that would be about 5-6 inches shorter than stock. The only thing to keep in mind is if it is 5-6" shorter than stock you may have to put in mini tubs for more wheel/tire clearance because it'll move the wheels in alot.

It must be from the outside axle flanges as the axles have been cut down and resplined as well. Not sure if I am going to go for this ne or not now. Just viewed the pics again and it may be just the pictures but those housing ends don't look square to me. Housing, axles, green bearings and backing plates on ebay for $100 bucks, shippingto me would probably be another 100 or more on top of that, so it may be good but would be an expensive junk anchor if it didn't work for me!!

-
Back