Signal light wireing

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
First off excuse me for not knowing what the name is but,I am ready to install my new signal light switch in my 69 Dart,non tilt.How do I remove thoes 7 brass male ends from the plastic connector and install my new wires.In the past I just cut the wires and joined them.is there a special tool ? Is there any pics out there somewhere how to do this job.Looking at the connector they just slide in.

i just used a small screw driver to push the tabs, its a bit of a pain and easy to do damage, but can work well if you get the hang of it.
mmm right tool for the job, what a concept.

I just used a really really small screwdriver too. Having the right tool would be handy however. Whatever you do don't cut the wires.

I just used a really really small screwdriver too. Having the right tool would be handy however. Whatever you do don't cut the wires.

OK Cutting the wires is not the right way to do I know,but sorry to say I have done that on 3 69 Darts I have had in the past, so what is the problem with doing that,I may have to do it again,those dam switches are not cheep and hard to get sometimes.What would help is a pic were to push on that pin to push it out,and whats the deal with sliding it in just push in? thanksssss cudajim.

-
Back