slant 6 3 spd column to 4 on the floor

-

hherrick71dart

Reaction score
Hey everyone Im new to this and have a question, I have a 71' dart swinger that use to have a 225 /6 and now it will have a 340 in it. I am curious if i need to change any of the clutch linkage out, mainly wondering if my existing Z-bar will match up to the small block bellhousing. and if someone has done this swap before and other issues that i might come upon would be greatly appreciate! thanks everyone!

im doing the same thing any info on this would be greatly appreciated

I just did this swap, your /6 Z bar will not work, I can't remember for sure but I think it was too long. You could cut a section out of the one you have and weld it or just get one from someone on FABO... As for the other parts I think the clutch fork is different too but I was lucky enough to have one laying around...
At least you don't have to add the pedals! :) If you are in a hurry I think Brewers or Passon has a Z bar just for this swap, it is pricey but heavy duty. you have to have the z bar and clutch fork set up properly or you will have major shifting issues. Lot of threads on this swap on here... go for it.

-
Back