Slant Six distributor question

-

64X2

Mohel at your service.
Reaction score
I converted the wife's valiant to HEI and used a Mopar electronic distributor. The mount for the distributor is slotted where it mates with the engine and it is also slotted where it mounts to distributor. Question where the mount mates to the distributor, which is slotted, how do you set that, is it part of the total timing or is set and you set timing with it locked down any place??

The bottom slotted adjustment is set as to wear you want the vacuum advance to set, or if it gets in the way you can move the bottom slotted one to keep the vacuum advance from hitting the block or inner fender.. or so you can set the trimming farther one way or the other

I hope this makes seance, I would start in the middle and tighten it down, see if you can set the timing with it there with out the vacuum advance hitting anything

I generally tighten the top bolt (the one on the dizzy) in the middles of its slot. That way if you find yourself needing a little extra adjustment one way or another you can get it without pulling the distrubutor. You use the lower bolt for actually setting timing. If you need more adjustment than the two slots allow then it is time to pull the dist and move 1 gear tooth in the direction you need.

-
Back