slant six headers??

-
I have a set of hooker super comps in my 68 dart, im too much of a newbie to know if their length is for a higher or lower rpm range, but they sound nice. I drove to school every day this year with just the headers, no other exhaust sytsem, and if you like talking to your passengers... i wouldnt reccomend it.

I'm running the Hooker Super Comps as well. As far as I know they are the only tuned headers available for the Slant 6 still in production. That being said they are also the only ones with the ability to build power instead of just freeing up power by reducing restriction like the Clifford headers do and for me that made it worth the extra expense to buy the Hooker Headers.

To those with the hookers.How was the fit? I am buying a 67 Dart with manual steering and auto trans.I dont want to restrict flow by banging up the tubes to get them to fit.What say you:read2:

My Hooker headers slid right in place with the car flat on the ground. The only interference I encountered were with the trans cooler lines and I just had to bend them a tiny bit (the cooler lines not the headers) to gain some clearance. The headers went on dent and scratch free. Plus there is clearance around them all around, top to bottom so no bumping or rattling. Coincidentally, there is a set of these headers on eBay right now but the auction ends real soon so if you want them I hope you read this quick!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230309581646&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013

100_4233.jpg

100_4235.jpg

100_4232.jpg

100_4226.jpg

I have a set of hooker super comps in my 68 dart, im too much of a newbie to know if their length is for a higher or lower rpm range, but they sound nice. I drove to school every day this year with just the headers, no other exhaust system, and if you like talking to your passengers... i wouldn't recommend it.

I test drove my car with just the open headers and no exhaust and I am going to drive it 16 miles to the muffler shop on Tuesday. I dread the trip, it sounds ungodly and the sound resonates all through the cabin. I can't imagine having to drive every day like this! Your ears are taking some serious punishment listening to that every day!!! Better you than me :)

Thanks for the photos. Nice looking engine. It looks like there is room to use these with A/C. It will definitely be harder for me to get them in. At worst, I'll have to move the compressor for installation.

Thanks for the photos. Nice looking engine. It looks like there is room to use these with A/C. It will definitely be harder for me to get them in. At worst, I'll have to move the compressor for installation.

They definitely will work with AC. The instructions give details on how to install with AC.

-
Back