Small bolt pattern 15x9 wheels

-

maineak1970

Reaction score
I'm building a '68 Barracuda for racing. The rear is an 8 3/4 with the small bolt pattern. There is a home built 15x9 wheel 5inch backspacing with 275/60r15 cooper tires on it. I need a second set of wheels to put my 275/60r15 drag radials on. Of course there are no wheels in the bolt pattern and size I can find. I was told ford wheels may fit. What is everyone running on this combo for a deep wheel? Or am I stuck upgrading the drum brakes. Thanks.

Nope. No Ford wheels in 5x4 bolt circle. Center Line used to offer them in the Auto Drag wheel in 15 x 9.5, but they are tough to find now.

9 1/2 inches wide, going to have to do a special order, or have some 7 inches wide make them an inch and a half wider , sbp that wide will be a tough one.

I know you can get special order wheels from certain companies if you call and ask for them.
I have also heard of companies that will re-barrel existing rims. I don't know if he still exists around me but I've heard of a local wheel shop that will cut the centers out of any steel rim you bring them and they'll weld them back on with a different offset or on a whole new barrel for custom width and custom offset.
The 2nd option still leaves you with the task of finding steel sbp 15" wheels to use as your cores

If you have to have nines, these won't work for you, but you can get off-the-shelf small bolt pattern Cragar SS's in a 15x8 size. That's what my 275R/15 Nitto drag radials are on.

1694456247400.jpeg

Have these rare/scarce wheels with new but not driveable NASCAR slicks mounted

5 on 4, 15 x 10 w/ 5" back space.

PM if interested

15x10 5in BS f s.png

Centerlines-10.jpg

IMG_0120 15x10.JPG

-
Back