South Louisiana Father Son 1968 Cuda

-

artie727

Reaction score
Just got a 68 fastback Cuda that needs a ton of work. My 16 year old son can't keep his hands off of it. First order of business has been taken care of meaning we have removed the front and rear suspension. Now we are in the process of removing undercoating and will eventually sand blast the undercarrige and everything under carpet. This car will be a challenge for us.

Glad I found this forum,
Artie & Joseph Perilloux

Welcome Artie!

You know, as a dad myself, i've learned the importance of father/son projects is huge!!!
That's an awesome thing that the boy cant keep his hands off the car. That's called passion. Nurture it!

Teach him well. Most kids these days are worthless and cant even change a tire.

Me and my dad did a lot of projects together. I'm glad for that. We had two we were going to do, but I lost him to a heart attack three years ago. It isnt until now I am picking up these projects again and finishing them....for me, and for him.

But the moral to the story here, is that life is short. So car aside from it, enjoy your son!!!!!

My son is 11 now, and in the garage with me now. I wouldnt have it any other way!
Once again, welcome!

Guys, I raced roundy round on dirt for 18 years so my son got broke in well. Got tired of tearing up S**t every weekend so I got out of it and told my son we would build a street rod. The Cuda was the first good deal that came along so here we are. Other than the Chrysler leaf springs which at one point I used on the dirt I am basically lost. Once I get every spec of dirt off of it and primed the fun will come. Front suspension is way different than the Chevy clips but I'll figure it out. The whole car seems simple, just different.

Glad to be here,
Artie Perilloux

Holy cow, you guys are from LaPlace??? After relocating from Luling to northwest Tennessee after Katrina, it's nice to see remnants of home. You probably even know my man Billy Lee (had Lee Restorations for many years on Easy Street).

I welcomed you in your other thread but I'll say it again. It's great to have you here! :-D

-
Back