speakers in kickpanels ??

-

GotDart

Reaction score
I have an old set of Boston Acoustics 5-1/4" component speakers I would like to make use of in the Dart. My preference would be to mount the mid-bass driver down in the kickpanels. Anyone done this? What is behind the panel? How much room is there? How deep can I go? Will I have to cut metal? Anyone got pics with the kickpanel removed? Are there any aftermarket suppliers of custom kickpanels with speaker provisions? Too many questions? :bounce:

I have speakers in my kick panels. I think they have a 2.5" depth and the panels bulge just slightly also they are surface mounted.
There is not a whole heck of a lot of room there.

i took the panels off in my scamp thinking of putting speakers there got one off and discovered that there was no room so i had to pu mine in my door there is just enough room below the window crank for a 5 1/4" but the widow crank scrapes the speaker grill as far as a custom kick panel go to a reputable stereo shop they should be able to fab something up for you

I pulled the drivers side kick panel off last night. Your right, not much room there to flush mount them. Would definately have to cut a hole in the sheet metal. I think if I'm going to do this, custom fiberglass kick panels are the way to go. Sounds like another project to put on the to do list.

-
Back