Speedo sticking 69 Dart

-

CL3406

Reaction score
Speedo won't go past 40mph in a 69 dart...Anyone resolved this issue out there? I guess its the speedo head?? I will remove the cluster & spin directly at the head but maybe someone has seen something else before I go to all that work...

Thanks

Make sure the needle's not just jamming against the speedo face, which can happen if the cluster faceplate has been off for repair work in the area. Sometimes all that's needed is to carefully bend the needle tip up off the speedo face. But if that's not it, you're probably looking at a worn-out speedo bearing, in which case have it rebuilt. I like Deluxe Speedometer & Radio in Denver. Been using their services for most of two decades. Fast, affordable, excellent work; they've never let me down.

The cable might well need lubing, but if it were dry/unlubed the symptoms would be different. Stuck-at-a-certain-speed is not a dry-cable problem.

Speedo won't go past 40mph in a 69 dart...Anyone resolved this issue out there? I guess its the speedo head?? I will remove the cluster & spin directly at the head but maybe someone has seen something else before I go to all that work...

Thanks

Maybe you just need a tuneup.

Sorry, I had to. :D

The last one was good! Funny stuff...Thanks for the ideas head repair location. Winter project..

-
Back