spring relo kit???

-

cowboyup1107

Reaction score
I am trying to run wider tires on the rear end of my 72 dart to give it that pro street look. I talked to a guy at a local show and he was saying if I get wheels with a offset that will let me get about a inch away from the leaf springs I could run them. Excited i went home to see were my stock wheels and tires were in comparison to the leaf springs. not a whole lot of room. Have any of you guys done this kit? I would love to have a 4 link set up with a narrowed rear end but the money is just not there. opinions?
thank you.

Why not get a spring relocation kit (3") and tub the inner fender wells so they are flush with the frame. This will max out the tire you can get without messing with the frame itself

My duster has the 3" spring relocation done to it....box'ed in off the subframe...not the offset hangers like some run.

not sure of the back spacing on my wheels off hand but I have about a good 2" of clearance in between my tires and the leaf springs and i am running 275/60/15's out back and they are a pretty wide tire!

The spring relo kit I am looking at at summit is 3" do they come with instructions of where they need to be welded on? very green on the the hobby so lots to still learn.
thanks.

here are some old pictures I have of mine.....sorry its dusty ....when the car gets a little closer to done I am going to clean up the underside lol.

Attachments

• DSCI1105.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 213
  • DSCI1109.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCI1107.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 206
Is this hard to do? I have a buddy who is a welder. Does this kit come with instructions cause I am relying on him to put it in for me. and Dusterdude72 when you remember your backspacing on those wheels could you let me know?

I don't know? I did not install the setup, the previous owner did.

I wouldnt say it is HARD to do.....but maybe if you are not familiar with welding or do not have the correct tools or space to pull it off.

I am sure a hoist would make it alot smoother.

I am sure that the kit will come with some sort of instructions.

it would require dropping the springs,welding new perchs on the axle housing,notching the subframe,welding in the new spring housing and a few other odds and ends.

if your buddy knows what he is doing and has everything to do it....I am sure it could be done in a few hours

ill see about the backspacing and I will let ya know

I mini tubbed my demon and I have 325-50-15s and I have room for more. I have wheels with 6.5" backspace. It looks awesome. It takes some time to do though! The 325-50-15s are 12" wide! good luck! Jared

Attachments

• demon pictures 009 (Small).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 205
  • demon pictures 010 (Small).jpg
    57 KB · Views: 208
you can use like 7 1/2 bs or something like that also which will put the wheel in further. I like the way the 6.5bs looks though!

-
Back