Steering column early a

-

scottylack

Reaction score
ok...here we go...got a 65 Barracuda ...putting back in the column...someone said this is a four speed car due to the plate there in the firewall, b ut I made it a push automatic... anyway, cant figure out how those other plates dangling on the steering colum go in ... the bolt holes dont match up... and I've heard I have them correct...looks like if I spun them around they might match up...?

Why are those plates sandwiched together ..??? confused....

steering.jpg

this may be a dumb question, but the plate that is bolted on the fire wall right now. is it supposed to be removed before you bolt the new one. i have a '65 dart and mine his the big plate like the one you have bolted in. let me know what you come up with. im curious to know what you do to get it to work. -Matt

im just tryign to say is, do you need that plate? the one that is bolted to the car right now wont work?

i know the bigger one it looks exactly like my GT. which an automatic. i would try installing the colim with out the smaller one and see what happens. sorry i dont have the exact answer to help you. im still vary new to these cars my self. Good luck!

I think your right ... those plates look like they are for an automatic....I have a four speed car and a different plate that goes into the firewall...

-
Back