Still having slight problems W/Brakes

-

OwdKasd

Reaction score
74 Dart with power front disc brakes.

I have done a lot of work to my brakes and they are 95% better. New Pads & front hoses and reman M/C. System is all bled and no leaks to be found. Reservoir is staying full. The problem is that the brakes are "staying on".
When I stop and then start moving again the brakes are still holding the car back. A simple pull back on the pedal release them all the way again.
My first thought is to adjust the push rod from the Booster into the master to take a little pressure off.
Is there anything in the system that's supposed to pull the pressure back off the pedal when you take your foot off the brake pedal?
If the Calipers were sticking, Wouldn't they continue to stick even if I pull back on the pedal? What I am doing is putting my foot under the brake pedal and "pulling" it back toward me with my Toes.
As always, Thanks for any thoughts and advice.
Gerry

Well, since you stated you replaced the master cylinder, i think your on the right track with your thinking, about adjusting the rod out of the power brake booster.
Jim V.

Well, since you stated you replaced the master cylinder, i think your on the right track with your thinking, about adjusting the rod out of the power brake booster.
Jim V.
Thanks, I'll adjust it a bit at a time and see. I just want to keep the pedal as high as possible.

Well I found another problem. The pin from the pedal to the Booster was upside down(My own fault). When I took the booster from a donor car It came out that way and didn't know it was wrong. It feels much better already so I'm gonna try it out before adjusting the other rod.

-
Back