Sublimes 72 dart

-

sublimeswinger

SUBLIME Senior Member
Reaction score
Im restro/ upgrading my 72 /6 Swinger Special. I only have a few pics now, and didnt take enough before. Mostly engine for now but i will start posting more. Let me know what you think.

DSC01039.jpg

DSC01039.jpg

DSC01039.jpg

after the paint. I went with these colors because i though it would look good with the Sublime paint. i ave since changed the timing cover and water pump.

07004.jpg

07004.jpg

07004.jpg

Here are some shots of the bay when i tried to do it with some rattel can "lime green" hoping it was close. Not. LOL

07090.jpg

07089.jpg

07088.jpg

07087.jpg

07090.jpg

07090.jpg

07089.jpg

07089.jpg

07088.jpg

07088.jpg

07087.jpg

07087.jpg

Looks good! I like the '71 grille, but then I'm partial.

Where did you get the rattle can lime green? What was the matter with it? Colour wrong or poor quality?

Cheers

i got the rattel can at Home Depot. It is good paint.Rustoleum (?spelling) and i think it looks good for what it is. Just not Sublime. to green not enough yellow or vise versa.I was just looking for a cheaper way out to do the engine bay.

In the same boat. A mate of mine is looking at on online place that makes touch up paint. Will make it in small bottles up to rattle cans. I'm considering looking into that as the resto suppliers want an arm, a leg and a left dangly for a can of spray. Just thought it would be useful in the engine compartment like you and perhaps in the boot where I have some of the paint gone.

I'll have to see who he is using and what their prices are. Guess I could always try buying a cheap touch up gun and spraying it, but the price of the automotive paint at suppliers here is outrageous anymore.

Cheers

-
Back