Summit or jegs exhaust

-

rick4106

Reaction score
Has anyone used the 2.5 or 3 kit with the leaves moved in ? Pros and cons?

I used the Summit 2 1/2" kit on my '65 Valiant 318/904/Spit Fire Header combination. From the get-go it is a cut and paste situation since the "kit" is designed for '67-up cars. I have been told that the early A cars are the same as the '67-up cars from the transmission cross-member back, which is why I chose this kit. The drivers side was not so bad since that is where the stock exhaust went but stuffing a 2 1/2" system down the right/passenger side was an exercise in futility. It is A) in there but B) it ain't pretty. I can not imagine stuffing a dual 3" system under an early A car unless the stock fuel tank has been eliminated and a fuel cell is mounted in the trunk. Sorry, no pictures. Would I do this kit again? Probably not considering how much cutting and welding had to be done. I think, if there is a next time, I would simply start with some mandrel bends and probably 3 sticks of 4' straight tubing. Cost would be roughly the same.
Bob

Here's a picture of where my 3" system runs. I only have the 3/4" off set shackles and front mount for the springs, and not the full relocation kit.

exaust7.jpg

exaust5.jpg

I'm thinking the tailpipes could be moved over, but there would be no room for the fuel tank. My fuel cell is in the trunk.

-
Back