Super 6

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
I have a normal stock /6 in my duster now thinking either V8 or super /6 dose anyone have a video(s) of a super 6 Idling Revving and driving even if I had a V8 I am not for the performance but the sound I want it to sound like it is going to rip your face off but it just sound nasty not 450hp can I make a /6 sound like a mean V8 with a upgraded exhaust header and pipe muffler also new larger cam and high compression pistons.

Here is a video of a V8 now I now no madder what you do I /6 will not sound like this but I am using the video to show.I want the car to reeve fast but not a high pitched sound but a deep rumble I also want it to rumble and shake the ground when it is idling and revving.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tImrEZoRt7M&list=FLHYkLDlL6jm3hidXdg7avPQ&index=6"]Plymouth Duster 414 Start-up after install. - YouTube[/ame]

headers and 10:1 is a good start... also go with a super 44 3"...

here is mine...

you gotta understand though off idle it will always be a killer bee...

also both vids are closed headers

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ABKFcGty38"]Walk Around Day.MOV - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZstyQMWmWU"]6k shift - YouTube[/ame]

I have a fine running /6 but I know is I get a 300 junkyard motor + 100 dollars at machine shop thumper cam good set of headers good set of 340 heads to go on 318 high compression pistons 4bbr card/intake and exhaust

I have a fine running /6 but I know is I get a 300 junkyard motor + 100 dollars at machine shop thumper cam good set of headers good set of 340 heads to go on 318 high compression pistons 4bbr card/intake and exhaust

lol 100 @ machine shop? for a clean and mag check...

stock slant six engine/super six intake/carb
hooker comp headers
duel 2.25 exhaust to 2.25 thrush glasspacks
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wr2lrI57po"]1968 Dodge Dart slant six Hooker headers Thrush glasspacks - YouTube[/ame]

do they sell a cam for a 225 with about 500 lift highest i can find in 220 lift at summit

.220 huh... lol the comp cams that summit sells are .420-.460 lift... but like the rest of the world they dont realize that slants dont have 1.5 rockers so its less valve lift...

well for a .500 valve lift your gonna need to be in the 240-250 range in duration @ .050... so it will lope hard and idle @ 1200 lol... also you need alot of compression and head work to bother with that...

19.52 in the 1/4

all stock single barrel launching on red not last yellow in drive

How do you launch on red?Doesnt matter when you launch,your time is your time no matter if your a second early or late.

19.52 in the 1/4

all stock single barrel launching on red not last yellow in drive

19.52... dont you have headers and intake? your car must be a pig... mine ran a best of 18.3 on a bone stock 225 with 300k on it lol... mine dropped a half second just dropping the nose 1/2 off the bump stops

How do you launch on red?Doesnt matter when you launch,your time is your time no matter if your a second early or late.

yea green
brain fart here
well reaction time wins more races then speed in the 1/4

19.52... dont you have headers and intake? your car must be a pig... mine ran a best of 18.3 on a bone stock 225 with 300k on it lol... mine dropped a half second just dropping the nose 1/2 off the bump stops

dude I said I have not run with the NEW improve 2 barrel/headers

19.52 was total all stock launching on green light in drive.
Im sure your a good driver too, that helps.

dude I said I have not run with the NEW improve 2 barrel/headers

19.52 was total all stock launching on green light in drive.
Im sure your a good driver too, that helps.

lol me? i have about as much seat time as i can count on two hands lol...

i brain farted as well cuz you said you had not run it again lol...

try manually shifting it!

had bad ft end shake/ fixed that
then no charge issue fix that
now trans fluid leak near/behind starter
thought it may be puking from behind the torque converter from over fill
but may be a bad trans line
I now have a Hurst pro-matic 2 sratchet shifter
and that puppys nice..will try and load up a street video thrusday if no rain here

still stock trans/torque converter
and I know you have more seat time then that from your videos..
Im thinkin a grudge race kid...say spring time...

-
Back