super six radiator

-

Slantsix64

Reaction score
upgraded to super six would i need a 3 row radiator i have a two row but seems to get hotter than 180 gets around 195 i didnt have this problem before so i was thinking with more fuel it would make more heat i see pictures of aspens and volares and they have 3 row radiators any ideas?

so i guess more fuel does make more heat i just want to be safe and not over heat cause if its getting 195 on a cold night on a hot day i can only imagine i feel like i don't have over all control of the temp as of before i never had to look at my gauge cause it never left 180

No a richer mixture will actually make it run cooler.

No a richer mixture will actually make it run cooler.

my carb has been hooked up to a computer to have the exact ratio of gas mixture running any leaner or richer would just waste more money in the long run if i have a 180 thermostat my cooling system should run at 180 not 195

OK. Sounds like you already have the answers you're lookin for.

195 degree was the stock thermostat temp when the super six was in production. This was one of the ways to promote better fuel atomization and fuel efficiency with a higher engine temperature. 195 degree thermostat may tend to have harder hot start issues with fuel percolation. Do the fuel line mod if you're experiencing these issues of hot start with your super six. I have a 180 degree thermostat in my 70' slant 198.

Best,

1970Dart198

-
Back