swap 5.2 for 5.9

-

m880

Reaction score
My 2000 durango has a 318 mag and i have 95 3500 series van with a 360 mag..the 95 is older obdi ,what would need to be changed from the 318 to the 360 to work with the newer computer??And who make a reasonable boost compatible computer/mod for turbo?thanks for any help,and i'm not with i am..lol:sign3:

Wouldn't i need to keep the 5.9 injectors and throttle body? And would they be compatible with the 2000 computer?

It runs with the 2000 stuff now doesn't it injectors are the same They're controled by length of signal from the computer

It runs with the 2000 stuff now doesn't it injectors are the same They're controled by length of signal from the computer

Thanks for your responce D.A,what about the 5.2 throttle body,want it be smaller than the 5.9..Maybe,i haven't looked but it may be possible the t.p.s etc. will swap from my 5.2 T.B to the 5.9 T.B. I'll have to take a peek..Advice always welcome,i'm old school and admit it...lol

The only thing engine size matters with is the computer You will need a 360 computer to get the right timing & fuel curve
Did the same swap on a 2000 truck with the 318 PCM it smoked the tires till 4200 rpm or so then fell on it's nose & wouldn't idle I put the right PCM in it & all was well

BTW I'm old school too Me & a buddy have been buying & flipping 94-06 Rams with either bad engines or transmissions so I've swapped this stuff around a bit & experimented

-
Back