Swinger Rocker/Quarter Drain Question

-

74desertduster

Reaction score
I have been slowly removing all the mud and sludge from my 71 Swinger. The dust/dirt on this car amazes me....and when it gets wet, turns to mud.

Anyway...is there a drain for this section of the rocker/quarter panel in front of the year wheel?

I am going to pull the rear door panels and get in there with a shop vac but if there are drains I would like to get a hose in there and wash out what I expect to be potting soil.

Thanks

Brian

Oh, and that's not my car, I just grabbed a pic from the web.

Attachments

• ROCK.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 144
All along the rocker, where outer skin is welded to it, should be a series of convulutions (holes). Unplug those.

Ok cool, so if I unplug those I should be good to wash it out from the inside with a garden hose down inside where the door panel is, right?

It will wash/air blow from the front, under the wheel wheel, should be a 1" hole at the front of the rocker, in there. If it's caked up, take a welder rod or stiff wire, and poke up each hole while doing it.

Ok, got the inside taken out of the back, pulled some floor plugs and used a shop vac and then a hose. It's like a different car now. So much dirt and dust back there. There was a couple inches of dirt inside the quarters.

After vacuuming what I could, I put the garden hose inside there and cleared the drain slots underneath....kept at it a while and now it's all clear and clean.

Thanks for all the help!

Brian

Yeap x2 on what green 1 said, The rockers are sealed unit's, unplug the holes from the under side is best.

I did that....ran the hose on the inside of the back door panel down into the area in front of the rear wheel....then hopped underneath and cleaned the slots below the rocker while the water was coming out of em

I just pressure washed mine today and same story. It's amazing how much filth and funk was down under the rear windows. The other spot that was totally nasty was the cowl. That took a good 20 minutes to get to where the water ran clear coming out the drains. Big old chunks of compost came out of there.

Ya, I had my heater box and air box off so reached into the cowl to get out what I could and then washed it out. The dust/dirt out here in the desert is amazing where it can get and stay. I think if I pulled my headliner out I would have caked on dirt on the ceiling.

The seats in this car are cloth and I have actually ran a garden hose on then for a while to try and get the dust out. After they dried, hit them with your hand and poof, still more dust.

-
Back