T-56

-

Robbie2734

Lambcharger
Reaction score
I was thinking about something I saw here, Why not use the new 5.2 bell housing for a 5 spd? Is there much difference in over-all dimensions? Did they use a hyd clutch? Maybe a 5 speed isn't so hard to install after all..Just a thought!:read2:

Are you tring to bolt a t56 to a 5spd bell? If that is the case the inputshaft length and the bolt pattern is wrong. I think the t56 inputshaft is shorter. I know it is shorter than a 4spd input shaft.

What will they use in the new challenger? There must be a manual O/D 5 speed in production, other then a truck trans.

RM-6071 MOPAR Bellhousing/TKO 500-600/T5 Mustang/TR3550 - NEW! Available 8-15-07

Height = 7.300"
Trans. Bore Ø = Universal 4.850/4.910/4.687
Engine = Mopar 318/360
Trans. = Universal TKO 500-600/T5 Mustang/TR3550
Clutch Ø = 10.5"
Flywheel = 130 tooth
Weight = 19#
Has passed SFI testing
Pivot ball and inspection cover included

Looks like these guys have the answer.

i have talked with a new bunch of people trying to jump on the tremec,conversion band wagon,,they told me there is a company just now releasing a scatter shield ( gold anodized ) for the mopar/tremec bolt patterns,,but i didnt get the name of the company,,,does any one know the name >??? keisliser also said there waas one on the way,,,they had a ford version at the chryslers at carlisle,,,i was told this scatter shield/bell housing will cost 435.00,,,ouch,,the ford unit was very small and tight,, not sloppy and large like a lake wood,,,but i dont know if this would be the case for the mopar version,,this scatter shield is set up to use,,,( DONT YELL AT ME ) A chevy style fork,,,ther version,, and a chevy throw out bearing,,if you choose to use a fork verses a hyd bearing...any one seen or know this company name?? may be it could be bought a little cheaper thru jegs or summit,,,

What will they use in the new challenger? There must be a manual O/D 5 speed in production, other then a truck trans.

RM-6071 MOPAR Bellhousing/TKO 500-600/T5 Mustang/TR3550 - NEW! Available 8-15-07

Height = 7.300"
Trans. Bore Ø = Universal 4.850/4.910/4.687
Engine = Mopar 318/360
Trans. = Universal TKO 500-600/T5 Mustang/TR3550
Clutch Ø = 10.5"
Flywheel = 130 tooth
Weight = 19#
Has passed SFI testing
Pivot ball and inspection cover included

Looks like these guys have the answer.

That will work for a TKO but not a t56.

i have been swapping e mails with them,,,it is not ready yet,, they say they are at the platers,,,they are sfi approved,,but not sfi certified,,,they say to get certified they would need to put a lower lip on the bell housing to make it a scatter shield,,,so for now it is as safe or as strong as a scatter shield,,but not certified to race,,,you may be able to get away with it depending on how fast your car is,, or your local track rules,,as for getting a lower lip with 8 3/8 bolts,, to make it certifiable,,they say it will depend on demand,,,they say the down falls on being certified is cost,,weight,,,ground clearance,,

if your car is that low,,,that your bell housing touches the ground,,,good luck,,, they can be bought directly thru them,,,for 365.00 for the tko 500/600

no word if they will be available thru jegs or summit for a lower price,,
i may just redrill my ansen scatter shield,,,

-
Back