T-bar wheel rate

-

Dana

FABO Vendor
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Finally starting to reassemble my swinger (3.5 years). Eaton did my leafs, I believe they made them at 135lb spring rate. The car came with MP 920 t-bars. My question is : do I want to match the t-bar rate to 135 or is it a proportionate thing, like since the front half is X amount heavier should the bars be the same amount heavier? We're talking about a spirited driver with occasional road coarse driving. Thanks

Roughly proportional to the weight distribution would seem to be the right track. The factory seems to have more or less matched the rates front and rear, in that the HD rear spring rate was 120#, and the 383 t-bar (.890) was also rated at 120#. I would guess the .920 bar would be pretty close to your 135# springs.

I know a lot of people go for even larger t-bars, but for the street, I think they are overkill. I prefer to retain some suspension compliance, and use well-engineered sway bars to control roll. After all, if your wheels are off the ground (result of super-stiff springs hitting a bump), you have zero grip.

-
Back