Tank tricks

-

danthedewman1

Reaction score
Im removing my gas tank from my 72 Dart..Im replacing it with a brand new one.....Any tricks i should no about concerning the removal...It does have a lil gas in it...Thanks

little floor jack can help you some. Its not too complicated, sender wire, two straps and probably some wd-40 on the filler seal. You will likely need to pull the filler neck out before trying to drop it which can suck.

danthedewman1 said:
Im removing my gas tank from my 72 Dart..Im replacing it with a brand new one.....Any tricks i should no about concerning the removal...It does have a lil gas in it...Thanks

Remove the outlet line from the sending unit then attach a hose long enough to reach a container (large enough to hold what you have left in it) to catch the fuel in, it will be easy to siphon what fuel is left in the tank out before you remove it.

I dropped mine with about 5 gallons of fuel in it, pretty easy, the tank itself weighs about 5-10 lbs, the gas is about 6 lbs per gallon. Overall pretty easy to do. Only took about 5 minutes. Most of that was threading the nuts off the hooks.

-
Back