TCI Trans Pan install - 64 Barracuda

-

TBIAgent69

Reaction score
Greetings all, this is my first post here although I've been looking at posts on here from time to time... I just installed a TCI pan on my 64 cuda thinking it was going to make it stop leaking #-o. Normally I'm pretty smart with my money and with buying parts, but last week I bought a pan for a 727 because I thought that's what I had, and got as far as draining the old fluid, removing the pan, cleaning everything off, and then finding out my pan was too big...

Anyway, today I had the right pan and time to install it, but when I was finished my car wouldn't shift gears. I could shift to second from first and it'd go, but if I put it in drive it would either stay in second or start acting like it was losing pressure. Long story short, I tore it all back apart and found that the spacer was blocking what appears to port for fluid to pass through (there was a hole in the spacer gasket though). I drilled it out on my drill press and put it all back together and now it works fine. Just wanted to put that out and see if anyone has similar instances to that?

The SOB still leaks like crazy and I'm about to just kick down for a 42RE or something like that just to get rid of the trouble. My next couple mods are roller rockers and durango exhaust, as well as having a full exhaust put in because the one on it now is interfering with every system on the entire car (brakes, speedo cable, shifter cables, torsion bars.... )

Thanks everyone for the great board!

-
Back