Thanks for having me...

-

jim-dawg

Reaction score
First mopar was 67 fastback barracuda back in high school. Traded it for a 70 cuda gran coupe. Had a 67 gtx, 68 and a 71 road runner, a pair of 71 demons. All back in the day. Been longing for that first love again for awhile and just picked up a 67 formula S fastback that was sitting in a storage locker for the last 10 years. She has the usual problems but good bones and a few nice surprises came with her. I will probably pop on here occasionally....jimbo

0531231744.jpg

Welcome to FABO!!

Nice find. Tell us more about the surprises that came with it. I dream of running across a "barn find".

Came with the Kelsey Hawes front discs. All brake system trash. The original 273 super commando came with it on an engine stand minus carb and air cleaner. Big surprise was it was supposed to be a 318 in it which did run. After crawling under it at home doing inspection found block numbers showing a April of 69 birthday for a 318. Further up the block found an engine builders tag from Hi-Tech Engines out of Spokane Wa. A long closed up shop that specialized in race and performance engines back in the day. They only produced one mopar small block out of their shop. A 408 stroker available in three versions. 425, 455 and 475 hp. Have gone through 90% of the brakes. Waiting on parts for the rest. Did a complete fuel tank drain, fresh premium and new filters. Got a enough driving to seat the brakes and one good hard run. Now having the expected carb issues from sitting for 10 years so new carb on order. Kind of exciting all this anticipation...

0613231304.jpg

0613230922a.jpg

0531231743.jpg

-
Back