Thanks for the welcome.

-

spooner

Reaction score
Will be interesting talking A bodies. Anybody heard of a Valiant? Kidding of course, I have one in the trailer. 1976 but tucked the bumpers so it looks a little better. 360, 727, been running it a little, runs consistant 13.75s or so. won't break a hundred though. 98, 99. anyway there you have it. Spooner

Welcome from Sc.....:thumleft:.

Sounds like a fun ride. Kudos for the bumper mods, i'm sure it looks better. As far as your track times.....not bad at all. Are you running at a track with altitude? The 99mph and figuring 3500lbs w/driver put you at about 275 hp. That would support around a 13.30/13.40 in a perfect world. I'm sure your leaving some on the table with your 60' times. Just have fun with it and if you want to post some pics and specs that would be cool too :D.

Thanks for the welcome and interest. I've been racing at Firebird in Boise Idaho, and some in Salt Lake City Utah. The SLC track is about 4600ft. Boise track is about 2600. Ive taken everything I could off without hacken' it. Left just the front seat. Eliminated maybe 150-200 lbs. I was running mid 14s before I did that. I want to run 27" slicks, have 26s now @ I'm almost running out of car with the 410 rear end. Redneck spool 8 3/4 rearend. I know, but never broke one yet. Excellent welder...Got to figure out how to post a pic?? Can fix cars, but suck on computer.

-
Back