The correct /6 power steering pressure hose!

-

sargentrs

Reaction score
Had a leaky pressure hose. PO had cobbled together various fittings to make an incorrect hose work. Before I chose one I searched here, slantsix.org, allpar, and googled for hours trying to make sure I got the right one the first time. Never did get a definitive answer so I took my chances just picking one from O'Reillys based on their catalog search. Got it in and it fits very well. Not sure if this is how it's supposed to sit but here's how it looks. Here's the hose http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...=Search_02846_5137387_1765&pt=02846&ppt=C0031 It has O-ring fittings on both ends (supplied). The gear end was, I think, 1/4" and the pump end was 3/8". Hope this helps somebody else in the same predicament.

Attachments

• mms_img-528563621.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 100
  • mms_img-2136086203.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 104
  • mms_img1040409085.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 99
  • mms_img-226357465.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 89
  • mms_img115864572.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 115
That one may be a V8 hose, but either way it's better than the slant one. Ironically, my car had the slant hose when I first purchased it. After my first trip around the block, my PS hose blew right in my driveway. The slant six pressure hose, I believe, comes up then back down (therefore sitting right next to my exhaust manifold on the 273). The V8 one sort of hides low around the side.

It fit easily. Got the old one off n the new one on in about 20 mins. Hooked the pump end up and the gear end fell in at the right angle. If it's not the one for the slant it should be. Thanks for the info!

It fit easily. Got the old one off n the new one on in about 20 mins. Hooked the pump end up and the gear end fell in at the right angle. If it's not the one for the slant it should be. Thanks for the info!

I believe both have the same fittings, so it will work just fine. The V8 one, which I believe is what you have, places the hose in a much better position IMO. Enjoy! :D

-
Back