Throttle linkage help

-

1969Fish

Reaction score
Looking to replace my worn out throttle cable. Wanting to go with a linkage style.

70 dart no/e drag car, 440, m1 intake, 2" spacer with 1050 dominator on top. Can only get maybe 90% throttle with factory cable and Mancini bracket.

Anyone know of a kit or what have you done to convert??

Have you adjusted the slack out of the cable???

A & A transmissions has repro linkages, but they can be pricey....

Yep. All slack is out. But with the spacer and bracket I got the cable sits at an odd angle. I can make it work by buying a bracket for my cable but I really want to redo it all and get rid of the 45 year old cable. Keeping safety in mind.

Well,my pedal didnt have enough travel before it hit the floor. So I put some heat to the base of the pedal arm and bent it up closing the angle with the cable arm. Then I had to raise my return spring bracket to prevent the throttle from sticking at w.o.t. The return springs are now level from bracket to throttle arm. Then I lowered my cable on its bracket to get a better angle on the throttle arm. Finally I got more travel out of the cable by removing that plastic liner from the carb end of the cable. My carb is a 7320 dominator. These carbs have heavy return springs so the linkage has to be very solid.

Factory cable or morse cable. Never broke or failed. Did run a hydraulic throttle for a while but while it was very smooth and felt light it required to much attention so its gone in a box on a shelf somewhere in the shop.

I put a Lokar cable on my B body. Works excellent. If the throttle doesn't open all the way, move the cable mounting point on the carb closer to the pivot point .

-
Back