Tips and/or tricks to print conversations?

-

DionR

Reaction score
I know how to print a conversation. That isn't what I am asking.

When I print a conversation to pdf, it get's all screwed up and loses or obscures text horribly. Mostly like it has a footer that is masking the text so some is lost. I've tried changing the printer margins and turning footers/headers off but can't seem to get it come out cleanly. Add that sometimes pictures shift around and sometimes are over the top of the text. Very frustrating.

Any ideas on how to print a conversation without those issues? I've tried different printers and nothing seems to change it.

Like to keep a copy of a conversation and can't get a good copy.

You can screen print, then send it to your printer to print. Are you on a phone or a PC?

1E29B32D-FF2D-4C87-8BBF-5B32BD643C4A.jpeg

I can right click on the page and choose print, and it comes up fine. ??

Here is what the print looks like:

Screenshot 2023-02-23 075236.png

Here is a clip of what I actually said:

Screenshot 2023-02-23 075502 edit.png

My "first" comment is completely missing in the print.

I've since changed some settings and gotten a second print that shows this, but has similar issues in other areas. Between the two, I have a full record but what a pain to have to look for these issues and have to print it twice (or more) to get a complete record.

We used to be able to download the as a text file, I would even be ok with that.

I know how to print a conversation. That isn't what I am asking.

When I print a conversation to pdf, it get's all screwed up and loses or obscures text horribly. Mostly like it has a footer that is masking the text so some is lost. I've tried changing the printer margins and turning footers/headers off but can't seem to get it come out cleanly. Add that sometimes pictures shift around and sometimes are over the top of the text. Very frustrating.

Any ideas on how to print a conversation without those issues? I've tried different printers and nothing seems to change it.

Like to keep a copy of a conversation and can't get a good copy.

ok, try clicking the little printer icon on the top right of any post....

ok, try clicking the little printer icon on the top right of any post....

Never noticed that before.

Seems to work well for a post, any way to do it for the whole conversation? Hate to have to do each post and I could see someone "missing" a post and changing the conversation significantly if the prints were needed later.

And it's not always there?

I did some searching before I posted this thread and found a comment about being able to print a thread in the forum, but no option in the conversations. Maybe I misunderstood it and the option you mentioned above is what was being asked for. Currently I can't find a way to print a whole thread either so maybe I just misunderstood the other thread.

I should add that printing the posts that have issues in the full print is far better than what I had to do last time. So it is a step forward even if it can't be done for the whole conversation at once.

-
Back