transmission shop in SF east bay area ?

-

jomoper

Mope or Nope
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So I need to have My 727 rebuilt.Any recomendations for a reputable shop in the San Francisco east bay area ? I used to use a shop in Dublin but have heard bad things about them lately so hoping someone here could point Me in the right direction. Just looking for a mostly stock rebuild - street driven '72 Dart with a mild 360. Thanks !

Macy's Transmission in Pacheco on Contra Costa Blvd. I think (moved from Concord about a year ago). Owner Steve is a Mopar guy. Rebuilt my A904, was able to find parts, was easily approachable as I kept coming back to him with questions. Owns a cool black Fury.

Ahh yeah I remember that shop I used to live right there behind the park and shop. Those shops at the end of the street used to have car shows occasionally. I'll check them out thanks for the recommendation!

Just dropped My transmission off with Steve . First impressions of He and his shop is overall very good. We talked Mopar for a bit and He really took the time to ask My intended usage of this trans.and didn't try and sell me parts I wont need. Looking forward to getting My 727 back and getting My dart on the Road again.

damn i was gonna tell you to hit ne up i would have done it for a couple hun plus parts....

If you need a race tranny get it from Pro Trans they are near Palmdale. Dave ' s son won a national championship in Super Stock with a 68 dart. They must be doing it right.
I have used them for years. I live in Utah and it's worth the freight to get them!.

Hey guys ya know this thread is two years old right? Already had my transmission issues fixed way back when. Steve @ Macy transmission was great,turns it had indeed been rebuilt before I got a hold of it. I was told all the internals looked brand new. Although he could find nothing wrong the difference after it had been gone through was like night and day. Putting in a shift kit didn't hurt either! Anyhow thanks for the recommendations might help out somebody else . Cheers!

Steve's a good guy, recently did a four speed for me. Glad he took care of you.

-
Back