TTI 2.5” X-Pipe, 340 HiPo manifold system review.

-

1968FormulaS340

Reaction score
In short I love it. The system fits the car very well. Only minor modification to clear the scatter shield edge an the RH side and I needed to give just a bit of extra clearance for the clutch fork. Installation was less than fun. I saved some work by using a saws all to remove my headers and the installation of the manifolds was relatively painless. The hard part was getting the 5 pipes (2 pipes from manifolds, 2 intermediate pipes leading to X-pipe, 1 X-pipe) all to slide together at the same time. Its a process very hard to describe, but with enough head scratching and a bit of lube it went together with no tools. The rest was easy. I would say this is a job that should be done a lift (glad I had one to use).

I went with the Dynamax Ultra flow option and find them a bit boomy when looping around town but do smooth out as the RPMs start to come up. Idle sound level is very good (in muscle car terms). I think I would have been a little happier with the regular super turbos as far as sound, but wanted max flow for a manifold system. Cabin noise is much improved over the headers.

Hi,

I'm contemplating a change in exhaust for my 340 car. I read your post but I am uncertain what you are running ... manifolds are iron? ... but X-pipe is TTIs? Curious.

~Bill

TTI 2.5” X-Pipe, 340 HiPo manifold system review.......

tti makes the x pipe cross over. he is useing the 340 hipo stock manifolds

For the info. I was not aware that TTI made exhausts that mated with standart iron exhaust manifolds,

~Bill

dartley said:
For the info. I was not aware that TTI made exhausts that mated with standart iron exhaust manifolds,

~Bill

yes, they do those as well. i did a review when i had mine installed on my 72 demon 340. i also have the stock manifolds but not the hp 340 manifolds. check it out if you are going that way for your duster....

I bought an X pipe kit from flow tech...it came with the X and 4 legs...I built it to fit in no time with only a chop saw and mig welder..the legs are cut to fit for length...

-
Back