TTI Exhaust system

-

71Duster

Reaction score
I've had a few to many crappy exhaust shop run ins and I had to cut the system off after the last shop installed the X pipe so far forward I couldnt remove my transmission.

I'm looking for a good custom exhaust shop in my area but as I have TTI headers was wondering about thoughts on their exhaust system.

I'm in the process of installing a TTI x-pipe system now for manifolds back. Except for the headpipes it has been really pretty easy and I would recommend it (not cheap though). I'll have a write up on mine as soon as the whole thing is done. There are other cheaper systems and I don't know about installing them, I know most of the trouble with A-bodies is with the headers so maybe other systems are just as easy and cheaper from the headers back, but the TTI system seems really well made and has been pretty painless to install. Oh, and I went with Dynomax Ultraflo Weldeds, the system comes with Super Turbos which are not quite as aggressive sounding.

I spoke with Mike @ TTI yesterday and am about ready to pull the trigger on a TTI exhaust system from headers to tailpipe tips; priced out @ $1,670.00 shipped.

With the TTi headers, the TTi exhaust system is a pretty easy fit and the hangers and such all work well. I particularly like how they include longer rear seat belt bolts to attach the muffler hangers. You should not need an exhaust shop to install it for you, if you are inclined to do it yourself. However, fitting the tailpipes alongside the gas tank is enough of a pain that I run dumps-LOL.

You are definitely paying a lot for convenience as it is constructed of the cheapest possible mild steel, and the tips are not polished or particularly well cut. Its nice to be the only game in town I guess.

All that said, I'm running a TTI X-pipe on my car.

Steve

I put TTI headers and twin 3" Xpipe system on my 440 challenger.
Did it myself at home and it all went together like a dream.

What is a good source for the Chrysler Lightweight Mini Starter I'll need for my install?

Any auto-parts store or wrecking yard if you really want low cost.

I have the 2.5", TTI, x-pipe system on my car along with stock manifolds.

It fits and functions well. The pipes to the manifolds and intermediate pipes that connect to the x-pipe were a bit of a pain to install but not a big deal.

I have ZERO extra room to remove my 4-speed with the system installed (I can get the trans in and out but it is very tight).

-
Back