TTI Headers

-

1971Scamp440

Never forget 9/11
Reaction score
I have a couple question about the TTI headers.
First things first, I was looking at getting the Shumacher headers for my 71 Scamp 440, but saw they are for 400-500 hp. The Shumachers's also have 1 5/8" primarys, any of you out there still running Schumachers with 500-600 hp and still like em? I'll be making 500-600. So I got to looking at the TTI's but they dont work with power steering according to their website. Has anyone got them to fit with power steering? Were you able to mod the them to fit? TTI's website also does not mention the 440Source Stealth heads as an application, is any one running TTI's with the Stealth heads and how do you like em? I dont want to run fender exit headers, I only want under chassis, are there any other source to consider if TTI's wont work with my power steering? Any help would me marvilous......Thanks guys n gals.

i don't think there is room for the TTI's with PS.
I have manual steering but also have front skinnys, so it's not to bad.

If the 440 source heads have stock exhaust port loaction they should fit ok. Really I don't think the Shumacher's will be that bad, my friend has them and likes them and he is around 500hp, but likes his PS to much to go to the TTI's.

Sorry, can't help on any thing else.

Have you thought of going to a rack and pinion steering, like the RMS K member?

i don't think there is room for the TTI's with PS.
I have manual steering but also have front skinnys, so it's not to bad.

If the 440 source heads have stock exhaust port loaction they should fit ok. Really I don't think the Shumacher's will be that bad, my friend has them and likes them and he is around 500hp, but likes his PS to much to go to the TTI's.

Sorry, can't help on any thing else.

Have you thought of going to a rack and pinion steering, like the RMS K member?

Thanks for the input Keith, maybe I'll go ahead and give the Shumachers a try then. I have no plans for rack n pinion, just tubular upper arms and a disc brake conversion. Who knows...lol!

-
Back