twin turbo 440

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Car will be mostly street driven. Really would like to put a 2G Hemi in it, but I also want 750-800hp. I also would like to be able to drive it. And I do not just mean to town and back. Educate me....buy a kit from sdce or do things the more fun way....Headers and tube work will not be an issue, shop in town does mandrel bending. Guy has a pretty slick looking Challenger. Anyway, stock block with a girdle? Which heads. Which turbos? Probably no intercooler, water/meth injection. Will be using F.A.S.T. EFI. So educate me. Any books worth reading??

A lot of people will tell you that Maximum Boost by Corky Bell is the bible of turbocharging, but I found Street Turbocharging by Mark Warner to be easier to read and understand. Read either of these and you'll have a much better idea of how turbos work and what you'll need to reach your goals.

As for making 750-800 hp in a streetable twin-turbo 440 without an intercooler, good luck to you! I'm not saying it can't be done, but I wouldn't have the slightest clue how to make a street car with that kind of power survive without some way to cool all that turbo heat down. And if you keep the boost low (say 5 lbs.) to keep the temps down, why would you need a TWIN turbo?

My suggestion is to do some reading to help you put together an informed plan, then go from there.

From what I have been reading, and what a few retailers told me, water/meth injection will work to cool the intake charge. Spoke to SD Concept Engineering about this today.....

Or run it on E85 and you will not need either because the charge is so cool on E85 you don't need to cool it.

Only 1 E85 dealer in my area, so that is not an option. Plus I want to drive the car, not having to worry where I am going to get fuel from.....

Sorry, I thought you meant no intercooler OR water/methanol injection. I still think an intercooler is the way to go for a street car. That way, you don't have to worry about keeping another tank full...just my 2 cents.

Have not seen an EFI intake for the low deck motor, and I want to use fuel injection....never mind, found a manifold with nitrous bosses, so just need to get bungs welded on......

-
Back