Upgrading Master Cylinder

-

79JON

Reaction score
Ok.. Im getting to the stage on my rebuild where Ive got to make a decision on my brakes. Ive got a 71 Duster that I threw the Disc Brake setup out of a 73 Duster on there. Everything is stock replacement parts and I even bought brand new Inline tube SS brake lines for a 73 Duster. Instead of getting a new OEM Big Brake booster and master cylinder, I kind of want to put one of these on there. My question is which of these on this link do I need to get for my car (if any) and will it let me eliminate the big booster? Ive seen a few dusters with the newer style master cylinders on them but not sure if they were drum brake cars or what but I thought maybe that Might be a route I need to go. Anyone using one of these? or something else? let me know. Id appreciate it.

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/24whdibrmacy.html

Call Mancini to make sure but here's the parts that you should need:

- Master Cylinder MRE3460,$99.95

- Adapter plate with 4 holes to slide over firewall mounting studs MREAR6719 $39.95

- Adjustable brake pushrod MRE316 $42.95

If you have a manual brake push rod you can reuse it instead of buying the adjustable.

I'm using this master and adaptor plate with my stock manual push rod. Hopefully you installed the proportioning valve from the 73 Disc/Drum setup. Without a booster your pedal effort will be higher but not unbearable.

-
Back