valve lash comp pro mag rollers

-

Dustedu2

Reaction score
Question on valve lash, should there be any movement/play in and out on the push rods? I was checking the rockers and noticed some are tight, some I can twist, and some have movement in and out. I can adjust them but not sure if this was normal after a few hundred miles on the new build. I have never set lash before. Any tricks on adjusting with engine in the car?

Assuming you are working off zero lash as its a mechanical cam - the push rod will always feel "sloppier" at cold lash when the engine is cold compared to when you're setting hot lash.

This is because when you set the lash or "play" into the drivetrain when its hot, then as the engine cools down the p/rods etc contract and the lash becomes a little greater.

Thi will leave you a little over the factory lash setting as "play" when its cold - so a very small amount of push rod "up and down" travel could be expected.

Reality is, its only hot lash that counts of course - so warm the engine up - then shut it down and put a feeler guage inbetween the valve tip and the roller tip and if the pushrod feels "tacky" when you roll it between your thumb and fore finger, the hot lash is about right.

-
Back