van tranny ques.

-

80arrow

Reaction score
I just picked up a 97 dodge 1 ton 2 wheel drive van today. I was wondering if the automatic in it was something worthwhile to pull before I scrap it or not? It has a 318 in it also. Thanks

Also would the rearend be a dana 60 in it or if not what would it be? Thanks again

I would guess the rear would be a Dana 70 or 80, if it is even a Dana. The transmission is probably the A518 O/D, which many guys have retrofitted to their older cars, so it might be worth something.

I would keep the 5.2 magnum 318 and all the fuel injection parts are you sure its not a 5.9 magnum 360? they put them in a lot of 1 ton vans

The '94 one ton I just pulled the drivetrain out of had a dana 66. Looked very similar to a dana 60 but the parts do not interchange. I think the dana 60 dissapeared in the late 80's. In '97 that truck would be OBD2 and have a 46RE trans not the A518. That trans is controlled by the computer and not really suitable for retrofitting into an aerly car. If it is good I would try to sell it as they are prone to failure so people are looking for them.

-
Back