Vinyl Dye, Car Color Code, Color-matched spray paint

-

mrichard

Reaction score
So, three questions here:

1) Anyone know how I can match the green dash pad on my 72 Dart with some vinyl dye? Any manufacturers out there with either spray-on or brushable stuff? I used to use World Upholstery on my Mercedes, but they apparently don't do domestic.

2) Where's the exterior paint code and how can I find it?

3) Since Tower Paint closed down, are there alternatives for getting the code matched in a spray aerosol can?

Thanks much!

Mark

Or maybe try this...

Mopaint
217 S. Adelaide Ave.
Highland Park, NJ 08904
732-846-1044

Has anyone tried using the newer vinyl spray paints on seats? When I bought my 64, the original owner had new interior, but the red centers (two tone color scheme) was a good 3(+) shades darker than the apple red exterior. I would love to shoot them the correct (or close to it) red - if it will hold up. If you have any insight, it would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Has anyone tried using the newer vinyl spray paints on seats? When I bought my 64, the original owner had new interior, but the red centers (two tone color scheme) was a good 3(+) shades darker than the apple red exterior. I would love to shoot them the correct (or close to it) red - if it will hold up. If you have any insight, it would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

I tried spraying a tan armrest pad black. The paint was pliable and did not crack. However, it scratched very easily. I don't inagine seats would be much different. Count me "not impressed" with the use of vinyl paints in high traffic areas.

I tried spraying a tan armrest pad black. The paint was pliable and did not crack. However, it scratched very easily. I don't inagine seats would be much different. Count me "not impressed" with the use of vinyl paints in high traffic areas.

I assumed as much. I figuerd it couldn't be that easy - especially on the seats. Thanks for preventing me from gambling and crapping out!

Thanks for the tip on Herb's. That's exactly what I was looking for!

-
Back