Packard 56 male connectors

-
I found them on NAPA site, but there were no details as to the material. However, there was a photo of a brass connector. So I ordered some and were delivered to the local store. When I picked them up this morning, I found them to be other than brass. So, back to the drawing board.

Thanks for the link, 4spdragtop. I have already placed an order with Repair Connector Store. They are listed as being brass, but also 16-14 AWG. If too large for the 18 AWG, I’ll just double over to make it heavier for a tight crimp.

No problem, you may be able to trim the wings a little to fit the 18 gage? I agree with doubling the wire, just make sure the terminal will fit into whatever housing it goes into.
Thanks for the link, 4spdragtop. I have already placed an order with Repair Connector Store. They are listed as being brass, but also 16-14 AWG. If too large for the 18 AWG, I’ll just double over to make it heavier for a tight crimp.

I am modifying a new M&H engine harness to add a tach signal and a 2-wire oil pressure transducer to a digital meter for an accurate measurement. They will be wired to the bulkhead connector. Since these are low current signals, 18AWG will be used and the engine side uses the male connector.

I called M&H yesterday to get info on a source for the male spade terminals. They have the tooling and dies for them, so are proprietary to them and Year One. All their harness components are from original tooling which was acquired by Year One and anything produced by M&H is exclusive to Year One. So, they are only sold through Year One as complete assemblies, no individual components.

The only thing listed on Year One using uncrimped Chrysler connectors is part no. RU346 that is a 2-pin M & F assy. for $20.

View attachment 1716253976
RU346.PNG

Last edited:
I'll call BS on Year One being only retailer. Maybe in the past, but now there are several retailers(that buy them from Year None). Van's Auto being one.
I called M&H yesterday to get info on a source for the male spade terminals. They have the tooling and dies for them, so are proprietary to them and Year One. All their harness components are from original tooling which was acquired by Year One and anything produced by M&H is exclusive to Year One. So, they are only sold through Year One as complete assemblies, no individual components.

The only thing listed on Year One using uncrimped Chrysler connectors is part no. RU346 that is a 2-pin M & F assy. for $20.

View attachment 1716253976View attachment 1716253980

Call BS all you want Steve. Kevin King owns the rights. M & H can't sell direct. You can also get harnesses from Classics and Megaparts, but they both get stock via paying Year One for them.

I know MH can't sell SOME stuff direct(fb rear cargo light harness they can and will). My point was you don't have to deal with Year None to get an MH harness, as I've shown in the link above. I would rather deal with smaller Ma n PA operations than ever have to deal with Year NONE again.
Call BS all you want Steve. Kevin King owns the rights. M & H can't sell direct. You can also get harnesses from Classics and Megaparts, but they both get stock via paying Year One for them.

-
Back