Weird metal piece included with the new truetrac diff

-
Hello i realise this is an old thread but the trust spacer or slug for the truetrac do you know how it is inserted i'm hoping you are able to go through the axle tube as i;ve just realised that mine also is missing and hoping i'm able to remove one axle and slid it in with out going through and pulling the diff down again

Generally you install it in the 3rd member before install.

You can install it through the tube, but it can be a lot harder. What I do is super glue the spacer to the end of the axle, then carefully insert the axle. If you hit the glued spacer on anything too hard you’ll knock it off, have to retrieve it with a magnet, and start over again. Once you’re successful, no worries about the spacer block being glued to the axle, it will break free as soon as you run it.

D37DE495-A308-4814-BAB7-4D204ADC7274.jpeg

Hello i realise this is an old thread but the trust spacer or slug for the truetrac do you know how it is inserted i'm hoping you are able to go through the axle tube as i;ve just realised that mine also is missing and hoping i'm able to remove one axle and slid it in with out going through and pulling the diff down again
Magnet and a curtain rod will work. Attach magnet to rod. Stuff it in and slide the magnet off.

Or, put a dollip of rtv on the end of the axle, stick spacer button to axle, let dry, insert into axle tube.

-
Back