What brand of gasket should I use for intake/exhaust

-

cudajim

cudajim
Reaction score
I'm about ready to re-install my 225 2bbl super-six setup again on my 67 fish and I'm wondering what is the best gasket to use. I could go with Felpro or whatever is available at Napa but I need real opinions on what really works.

I'm about ready to re-install my 225 2bbl super-six setup again on my 67 fish and I'm wondering what is the best gasket to use. I could go with Felpro or whatever is available at Napa but I need real opinions on what really works.

I don't have problems with Felpro for other areas of the engine but for the intake/exhaust I would use Remflex.

I've used the remflex carbon gasket and standard felpro...if the manifold surface isn't true enough for the felpro the remflex may help but only for a short time.

Have the mating surfaces milled or sanded or something to get them flat or even the thick gasket will blow out.
I did something like 3 gaskets in the first 2 years of owning it. Started leaking a couple of months after each time...until I fixed the manifold surfaces.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=33620

Felpro, victor, and name brand is fine. I wouldn't run the remflex unless I had a big ported head that needed extra sealing. They are a little costly.

Felpro, victor, and name brand is fine. I wouldn't run the remflex unless I had a big ported head that needed extra sealing. They are a little costly.

They are thick too, so you would have to use for both intake and exhaust for the surfaces to be even close to plane with each other, and possibly even need longer studs.
I don't think Remflex even makes an intake gasket at all anyway.

Use Felpro and you can't go wrong.

Make sure you torque the manifolds to the heads with the bolts that hold them together at the heat riser flange finger tight. Tighten those last.

They are thick too, so you would have to use for both intake and exhaust for the surfaces to be even close to plane with each other, and possibly even need longer studs.
I don't think Remflex even makes an intake gasket at all anyway.

Use Felpro and you can't go wrong.

what? the intake and exhaust are a single gasket. i have yet to see a two piece intake/exhaust gasket for a slant. and no you do not need to run longer studs. im running a remflex now but fwiw i ran felpro every time before this. never had a problem with them as long as my manifolds were lined up right.

what? the intake and exhaust are a single gasket. i have yet to see a two piece intake/exhaust gasket for a slant. and no you do not need to run longer studs. im running a remflex now but fwiw i ran felpro every time before this. never had a problem with them as long as my manifolds were lined up right.

Ah, so they use a one peice (didn't know that) but it makes sense now that you mention it.
I thought I remembered a 3 peice or something but that could have been most anything.
Or maybe I was thinking of the entire intake and exhaust kit including the squarish one the goes between the peices.

-
Back