what cam is this?

-

MoparOrNokar

HammerTime
Reaction score
I bought a 70 duster last year. Motor has problems so i tore it down. The guy i bought it from said it had an aftermarket cam. Its a 360 from a 74 dart. The cam says L30 toward the end. Anyone have a clue?

None whatsoever. That's probably just a core casting of sorts. Any numbers on the very back or front?

I bought a 70 duster last year. Motor has problems so i tore it down. The guy i bought it from said it had an aftermarket cam. Its a 360 from a 74 dart. The cam says L30 toward the end. Anyone have a clue?

If it starts with an 'L', it may well be a TRW Camshaft.

Are those numbers cast in or stamped in? If they are cast in, I don't think that has anything to do with the cam itself, but is a core casting number. If there are no numbers on it, it is probably a stock cam. You could v block it and measure the lift with a dial indicator.

Are those numbers cast in or stamped in? If they are cast in, I don't think that has anything to do with the cam itself, but is a core casting number. If there are no numbers on it, it is probably a stock cam. You could v block it and measure the lift with a dial indicator.

Correct,

If the that marking is on the Cam casting, then most likely it is a 'casting number'.

L = December

-
Back