What do you think?

-

Dusterdude72

IN MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE
Reaction score
I have been thinking about what I might be looking at for horse power/torque / 1/4 mile times and what not ( until I actually get the car done enough one day to put it all to the true test) but until then I figured I would see what your opinions might be?

Ill try to cover all the basics to give everyone a general idea of my setup.

1972 plymouth duster (factory weight give or take a few pounds) ,

8 3/4 posi with 4.56 gearing , 275/60/15 drag radials.

Fresh rebuilt 1967 318 LA ( new bearings,crank,gaskets,chain,soft plugs,spark plugs,and so on and so on, punched .030 over making it a 323 , has early 318 dished poly pistons which I was told by a member that the early poly pistons were 9:1 Comp ratio in a poly engine so with the smaller CC of the LA heads and being .030 over I would assume that the CR would be a bit higher.

The heads are the factory 67 heads but have been milled (not exactly sure as to how much though) I believe from the factory they are 64.5 cc heads from the info I have gathered from the casting numbers with 1.78" intake valves and 1.50" exhaust valves.

Summit long tube headers into a summit 2.5" header back dual exhaust system.

edelbrock dual plane intake , edelbrock 600 cfm 4 barrel carb , a "mild" cam (not sure on specs) but it seems to have the characteristics of a purple shaft, mild lumpy idle but not a super radical lumpy idle but deffinetly not stock,turns on fast when you give her gas.

904 auto , TCI sizzler 2200-2400 stall converter

some odds and ends 5 w30 royal purple engine oil ,battery relocated to the trunk , spare tire pan was cut out and removed by previous owner and replaced with a flat sheet of steel so it might weigh a SMIDGE less, rear springs have been relocated 3" inward on both sides and boxed in welded perchs to the subframe with what I "think" might be super sport springs? not 100% (not sure how to tell ?) ,manual steering, I have aftermarket power seats that I am sure weight a couple pounds more than factory, kelsey hayes disc front brakes.

I think that just about sums up the basics, if I left anything out just mention it and if it is something i know about I will be glad to fill you all in .

any help with number crunching and estimates would be appreciated ,thanks

Mods, you can delete this thread......it somehow ended up being a duplicate of my other thread.

Thanks!

-
Back