what kind of power am i makin here?

-

69dodgedart360

Reaction score
This is my setup and im gonna be going to infineon raceway on the 5th to race a SS Camaro that runs LOW 12's his best E.T. is 12 flat i dunno what his trap speed is im gonna race him and im pretty sure his car is gonna be faster i just wanna know how badly im gonna get raped.

Small Block 360
Stock Crank but has been rebalanced
Keith Black hypreutectic pistions Compression ratio is 10:1
Fully Ported out 2.02 1.60 valve Mopar X Heads
Comp Cams Hydraulic Flat Tappet Cam XE284H-10 (lift is at .510)
1.6 Ratio Comp Cams Aluminium Roller Rockers
Holley 670cfm Street Avenger Carb
Edelbrock Air-Gap intake
MSD igniton everything

727 Transmission
stall at 2500
8 3/4 Powertrax 3.55 Posi
27 inch tire (gonna run mickey thompson et streets)
SS Springs in the back

Can anyone suggest what power they think this engine makes and what it COULD run???? any suggestions on what i should change to get even more preformance??? thanks a lot i will update everyone on what it really does run by sep 5th

More carb (750). A bit more aggressive converter would help with the tall gears, and of course, deeper gears like 3.91's.

As is, 12.60 assuming it is a reasonably light car.

More carb (750). A bit more aggressive converter would help with the tall gears, and of course, deeper gears like 3.91's.

As is, 12.60 assuming it is a reasonably light car.

I agree - borrow a 750 for the day. A 3500 stall would make a big difference - and a taller gear would just make it that much better. Friend just changed from 3.55 - 4,10s - difference is night and day.
Cut a good light- make it interesting

Nice combo - I bet it is a lot of fun to drive.

so im lookin at a mid 12 car if i hook up and have a good run? yeah its somewhat of a light car its a dart with a 360 and a 727 im sure if i empty out the trunk and run it with a little under a half a tank of gas that will save me some weight. i guess it weighs 3400 lbs dont really know what it weighs more interested if the way i built the motor was decent enough to give this guy a run for his money

With that gear and converter high 12's maybe,put some 3.91's and a 3500 stall converter in and your in the low 12's...

Just goind my my build which is very similiar. 360+.030 X heads ported to 252 cfm int. flow, 180 exh. flow, (not sure how those numbers compare to yours but definetly not fully ported) 10.15 to 1 comp., Air gap, 750 Holley vac. sec., 274XE cam (only thing smaller than yours), Hookers, 727 with 2,900-3,000 stall, 27.1 inch tire, 4.11 gears, Mallory ign., Street tires that don't hook good. 13.2 @103 through the exhaust. Car is a 68 Cuda and weighs 3600 with a full tank of gas and me in it (I'm 180).

I'd say your looking at a high 12 car now if it hooks good and a low 12 sec. car if you get a looser converter and more gear and a 750 carb.

If he`s running 12.0`s I don`t think you`ll have a chance to catch him with your current set-up. I`d guess with your stall and gearing you`re more of a high 12 ,low 13 car. I agree with everyone so far, more stall ,more gear, more carb, and go to a solid cam for the gear. A shift kit would be an inexpensive improvement too. Watch your tire pressure, and go get that Camaro.

If you can't make the motor any faster right now, why not try to lighten the car if you can.
I haven't seen your car, or know what's all on it, and I don't know how serious you are about all of this, but here's just some crazy ideas.....
Basically take out EVERYTHING you don't need to race the guy.
Do you need a back seat, seatbelts other than the drivers, a passenger seat, spare tire, jack, tools, the heater core and box, carpet, center console, front swaybar? Do you have to have a front bumper and brackets to race?
Are the front seats stock, or are they light racing ones? if they're not light racing ones can you borrow at least one?
Are you running steel wheels or aluminum rims? If you got steel wheels do you have any friends that have some light aluminum ones you can borrow, especially some pizza cutters for the front?

If you can't buy or borrow some lower gears, can you borrow some good soft compound tires, or better yet some slicks that are a little lower profile to give ya the same effect as going with a lower gears?

Some of these ideas may be a little overboard and are only for the truely sick and twisted Racers, but maybe it will give ya some ideas.
Good Luck, I hope you wax him!

thanks everyone so after what im bein told here these are the improvements im gonna go with:
Mickey Thompson ET Streets 255r60 15's (biggest tire i can fit)w/out mini tubbing
theres this guy by my house who has a Shitload of Mopar stuff gonna buy some 3.91's off him
and ProStreetDuster has got a point so im probably gonna take out the spare all the tools i have in the trunk , the backseat, i already have aluminum rims there the Drag Stars by Weld Racing and later on probably come winter time im gonna go with the B&M Holeshot converter i think it stalls at 3000 or some converter that has a minimum stall of 3000. and i have the summit racing seats so probably gonna take one out havent decided yet so if i do that and i can get out of the hole quick im lookin at high 12's either way im happy with my car and if he is faster i could care less because i just found out he is running nitrous probably a 75 shot or something im gonna laugh if something lets loose on his ride and I KNOW if he wanted to go Motor to Motor ive got em with the gear change and the tires i just need to practice getting to launch at the track a buddy of mine says its completely different than launching on the street so whatever i know now is not gonna help much come wednesday

Careful with increasing the tire diameter,that has the same efect of raising the gear ratio. A good Biggs or Quikfuel 750 DP, and a 3500 stall convertor. Then if all else fails NOS 100 shot.

So he's going to run a bottle against your "all motor car"? I'd be busting his b@lls about that in front of everyone there, especially his friends!!!
LMAO!!!
At least he can do is run the first race motor to motor, then run the second race bottle to motor. Also make sure he disconnects the Nitrous line from the bottle.
Don't agree to doing it the other way(NOS first, then motor second), because if he uses the bottle and doesn't beat you by as much as he thought he would, his car will probably suddenly have a problem that will prevent him from racing you motor to motor.

-
Back